Security Developments from Israel and Gaza Jan 4 2009

Anynews unrelated to Terrorism

Moderators: Cell_Leader, ikaotiki, Julstar

michal
Lieutenant General [O-9]

Post by michal »

Yep, first IDF KIA confirmed ( according to rumours - Givati Brigade soldier killed by mortar fire )

Update - more armor going into Gaza, I expect major push into urban areas tonight

Numer of Hamas KIAs during ground operations acording to IDF - "more than 100"
lumburg
Captain [O-3]

Post by lumburg »

if this is to happen, the cordon the IDF is obviously setting around Gaza City must be fully established. Armor will come in from either the North or East and push to the West reinforcing major strategic sites that should have already been taken by IDF. The remainder of the armor will occupy the far side completing the encirclement of Gaza City.
I think that he bombs we heard dropping outside of Gaza were either hitting additional PIR targets (Hamas) or known tunnel complexes.
See ya downrange Motherfuckers
Deploying AGAIN to a theatre near you
michal
Lieutenant General [O-9]

Post by michal »

No, that critical WIA ( from Golani Brigade ) is stable as for now - IDF MEDEVAC is very good so his prospects are not so grim
It si worth to note that he was wounded also in mortar strike

Ps. stop with that "zionist" shit
rayon
Master Sergeant [E-8 Grade]

Post by rayon »

Hi Lumburg, i sincerly want to ask u if u took part in the USIraqi operation to quell the latest sadr uprising in 2006 (if i remember right). It was quite successfull, wasnt it? Maybe it mmight serve as a blueprint for gaza.
lumburg
Captain [O-3]

Post by lumburg »

rayon wrote:Hi Lumburg, i sincerly want to ask u if u took part in the USIraqi operation to quell the latest sadr uprising in 2006 (if i remember right). It was quite successfull, wasnt it? Maybe it mmight serve as a blueprint for gaza.
i certainly was! and yes, this does have some of the same characteristics. The only thing that the IDF needs to do that the US did not do is "close the door" or effectively contain or complete the encirclement or Cordon. Then thats when armor pushes through, reinforces key sites and the remainder occupies security points until the operation is complete.
The IDF tactics are not surprising because both US and IDF strategy's are interchangeable...
See ya downrange Motherfuckers
Deploying AGAIN to a theatre near you